Resident Evil HD REMASTER Randomizer
I'm currently working on creating a randomizer mod for the game Resident Evil HD REMASTER on PC. Now playable as both Jill and Chris on Normal and Hard difficulty!
I could really use your support to continue working on this mod. I recently released a game on Steam, Operator Overload, and I would really appreciate if you could check it out!
Alternatively you can buy me a coffee through ko-fi:
You can try version 0.6 alpha *HERE*
Dog whistle doesn't work after beating Plant 42.
Some seeds make it impossible for you to save Rebecca for the best ending
Version 0.6: Fixed grenade rounds for Jill showing up incorrectly as shotgun shells in the cheat sheet
Added support for Hard/Real Survival difficulty! They both work when you pick the Hard difficulty in the randomizer.
Changed text in cheat sheet to better show that you need to pick up the item after beating plant 42
Added the following back into the randomizer:
Red & Yellow Gemstones in Trophy Room
Fish Hook in Fish Tank Room
Hexagonal Crank in Enrico Room
Fuel Supply Capsule in Power Maze A
Grenade Launcher in Outside Patio
Fixed bug where the lighter could be placed in impossible locations for Jill
Changed the seed generator so that the dog whistle will not drop in areas where you need to have beaten plant 42
Version 0.4: Added Jill! It's very possible that unforseen bugs could occur as this is brand new, so let me know if anything goes wrong!
Took Insecticide Spray out of the pool due to bug
Renamed RandomizerItemListGenerator.exe to RandomizerSeedGenerator.exe
Version 0.38: CheatSheet.txt is now generated along with the seed and should show where all the randomized items are located.
Version 0.37: Shotgun shells in the graveyard and the Book of Curses were the wrong way around, causing another potential run ruiner due to the arrowhead being needed. FIXED!
Version 0.36: Fixed one item placement giving incorrect item in Boulder Passage 2, possibly ruining runs. Sorry! D:
Version 0.35: took Fuel Supply Capsule out of the pool due to it being bugged.
Version 0.3: Fixed the trainer asking people to download Cheat Engine, it should now come built in.
If you have any problems or encounter any bugs or think your seed isn't finishable, send your ItemList.txt to me in a pastebin along with a description of your problem on Twitter or Email and I'll do my best to get back to you!
1) Place RandomizerSeedGenerator.exe and RandomizerTrainer.exe in your Resident Evil / Biohazard HD REMASTER folder, in the same place as bhd.exe
2) Launch RandomizerSeedGenerator.exe until it generates the file ItemList.txt for your chosen character, this is your randomized item list.
3) Launch up the game and go to the main menu.
4) Open RandomizerTrainer.exe and wait for a window asking for you to choose your character.
5) After you have chosen the character you generated the seed for it should detect both bhd.exe and ItemList.txt, if it has not you need to relaunch!
6) Make sure you pick the correct character ingame on the correct difficulty.
Most people playing for the first time will want Normal difficulty (it's the top choice when choosing difficulties "Like climbing a mountain. Fulfilling, but takes a lot of work.") If you picked an easier difficulty I believe it will still work, but the extra items generated by the lower difficulty will not be randomized.
Hard difficulty is only accessible when you've already beaten the game once as Jill or Chris. If you wish to play Real Survival you must also pick Hard in the trainer as they both have the same item sets.
7) Play the game! Leave the executable open for the trainer until you are done playing as it edits the items while the game is being run, closing it will unrandomize your items!